UPDATE: I've moved the finished memes up to the top so it's easy for everyone clicking over to click over to their blogs, read their memes and leave a comment.
I'm also letting you know who has not answered The Call of the BG Meme and why I think they haven't done it yet.
Here we go:
Goose. Jeremy's done!
Goose. 1 Peanut is done!
Goose. Larry Jones has not completed his meme yet. Too chicken? Or too cool? Hmmm. Too chicken.
Goose. Dennis the Peasant has not completed his meme yet. Too chicken.
Goose. Bobness has not completed his meme yet. Too chicken.
Goose. Connie's done! She's totally cool.
Goose. Res hasn't done his yet either. Bwaak, bwaak! Bwaak, bwaak, bwaak!
Goose. Pinko, Pinko, Pinko. He's probably eating a chicken instead of doing his meme.
Get to it, Bwaakers!
I've been tagged by meme people a lot lately. I have a very long history of being memed in the blogosphere. Actually, one of my first posts ever was answering memeish type questions. Boy, did I ever take that one seriously. I think I stayed up till 3am writing that thing. Oh, the days of early blog stress. Like everyone and their brother was going to notice and judge my bad comma placements.
You do though, don't you?
I place my commas incorrectly and misspell words now on purpose. Because it makes me laugh. And it drives Billy Pilgrim crazy. Well, it also drives Billy Pilgrim crazy when people think they're funny and crack themselves up.
I remember when he left a comment like that once! And I've never forgotten it! I hold grudges! Especially against people I've never met!
I pretended recently that I hold grudges against people who meme me. But, I was just kidding. And I didn't crack myself up doing it, either. Wasn't that funny. It was just a trick I used to answer the questions because I tend to suffer from BPQA (Blogger Pop Quiz Anxiety). Don't ask me anything very specific and I'll rattle on for hours upon hours about this, that and the other. Ask me a specific question? I go blank.
I've been blank since Catherine over at Poverty Barn tagged me with the newest meme. I've been walking around in a haze of despair, desperately trying to think of eight facts about myself.
I was making breakfast yesterday and thought, I like toast.
You already know how much I love Whippets. And how how I buy shag buns. You all know how much I love music and New York City. You already know I live in Cleveland and that I'm married with one son. You know I just got a new car and that I like to drive fast with the radio cranked up! If you've been paying attention, you already know how much I love Seinfeld and that my favorite movie is Annie Hall. You even know I have a BFF, whose son was surfing recently in El Salvador!
You also already know that I live in a mansion with servants. But, that's so boring. Doesn't everyone?
I think I might have been taking this new meme as seriously as I took the first one, because I have been thinking non-stop about it. When Adorable Girlfriend tagged me with the very same meme this morning, I knew I had to do something. So, without further ado, here are eight NEW facts about me.
1) I do indeed blog in my pajamas. I'm actually in my pajamas right now. They're cute. Teal and white. Got them at the Gap on 5th Avenue in New York City a couple of weeks ago. I don't even care that it fits into some blogger stereotype. It's not like I think my blog should be taken all that seriously when I put up some post about Res losing the Holiday Bake-off. To me.
2) Um. Shoot. What's another one....Oh! I used to love keeping score when I went bowling. The old fashioned way. With that score sheet that you'd tuck up under that clip on the table. And you'd pencil in all those solid squares and half, diagonal-type squares. And you had to do that compound math thing frame by frame. I was so disappointed when the last time I went bowling the scoring was electronic. I've never been back.
3) I've never been a bridesmaid in a wedding. That's not to say I never had any friends who got married. Or that I never had friends. I did. But, they never asked me to be in their weddings, they asked me to sing in their weddings. I was always kind of jealous that I never got to buy one of those ugly, expensive bridesmaid's dresses and then complain endlessly about it.
4) I've only ever been fired from one job. When I was 18 I worked a part time job in the deli of a grocery store with a guy I had gone to high school with. He was cool. We both loved David Bowie and would crank this up on our little radio. We used to get in trouble for it. The final straw was when I wouldn't take no for an answer when I asked for the night off one Saturday when my friend was getting married. Of course, I was singing in the wedding and had to be there! My boss and I started arguing, then it turned into a real fight. Judo chop! Hi-Ya! Take that, Miss I think I'm the President of the Deli Department! Potato salad and slices of bologna were flying!
Just kidding. She said, "I'm not sure this is the right job for you."
And I'm like, "Yeah, well, I suppose me and Brunsweiger (Ew!) are just not meant to be."
5) Hmmmm. Let's see. I was sent out in the hall once in 3rd grade for talking too much. I was probably rattling on and on about this, that and the other without being asked to.
6) Oh, here's a good one. I not only sleep walk, but I also sleep eat. I'll wake up at 4am, sitting up on the couch eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes. A few weeks ago, I fell asleep on the couch and The Skimmer said I got up, went over to the hutch and was shuffling through drawers of old pictures and VHS tapes. Don't remember that at all.
7) I'm a lively dancer.
8) Seth Mnookin sent me an email once. I emailed him and said, "Good for you! Happy New Year! BG" And he emailed back and said, "Thanks, BG! Happy New Year to you, too! Stay as cool as you are. RMA. SM"
Ok, now I gotta tag eight other bloggers.
I loved Duck, Duck, Goose when I was little. Ooops! That's nine interesting facts about me! I'm such a rebel! Ooops, 10!
Ok, ok. I'll stop rattling on and on about this, that and the other.